Utica SSC-100 boiler runs all the time even with thermostat off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Canton

Plumber
Reaction score
Hi, Just installed a new wall hung gas-fired hydronic stainless steel condensing boiler with only one zone. After electrician was done wiring boiler, thermostat and co2 detector we tried to fire it up and we got nothing. This boiler has a control module where you can set the various tempertures for outside sensor, high and low limits for the water temperture and a central heating mode of 0,1,2,3 0= 'CH with Thermostat'
1=CH with Thermostat and Outdoor Reset' 2='CH with Full Outdoor Reset' 3= 'CH with Permanent Demand'
I talked with a tech at Utica and he told me I need to set the centralheating mode to 1 and it should fire...it didn't we jumped out the thermostat and still nothing...when I put it on mode 3 which is permanent demand it fired and seemed to work fine however it wouldn't shut off unless we killed the power...at any rate Utica has been closed for the weekend and I have a customer you is turning his boiler on and off for his heat....any ideas....this is the link to the boiler. http://www.ecrinternational.com/secure/upload/document/2439.pdf
Thanks for your help in advance.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks