stainless screws for drop-ear-90s?

Users who are viewing this thread

DavidTu

Reaction score
We are terminating pex connections with drop-ear-90s and brass nipples. Should we use stainless screws to mount the drip-ears? If not what do you suggest?

Jeepnick

Reaction score
I would think steel (stainless or not) would cause corrosion where it meets the drop ear.

I just mounted some of my own using brass wood screws found at the big box store.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Any screw will work on the brass elbow.
I like to use decking screws, mainly because they are harder then brass, and they are coated to prevent rusting if I use them on the exterior.
Stainless should be fine.
deckmate.jpg

Lifetime polymer coated and zinc plated for extra corrosion resistance. The unique recess drives with the combination driver bit included in each box or drives with a standard #2 square driver bit.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks