(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: sparkling water??

DIY Senior Member mialynette2003's Avatar

The drain flow control is located where the drain line connects to the valve. It is a small rubber button that control the amount of water passing to the drain. If you are on well water, you may have some iron. If you are on city water, I would not exspect you to have iron. If you disconnect the brine line from the valve while the unit is in service cycle you can see if it drips. this drip will increase the level in the brine tank and when it regens will pull all the water out and not have time to properly rinse.

I have a drawing of the valve that will show where the drain flow control is located. Send me an e-mail and I'll send it to you. affordablewtr@aol.com

Quote Originally Posted by mialynette2003 View Post
    The drain flow control is located where the drain line connects to the valve. It is a small rubber button that control the amount of water passing to the drain. If you are on well water, you may have some iron. If you are on city water, I would not exspect you to have iron. If you disconnect the brine line from the valve while the unit is in service cycle you can see if it drips. this drip will increase the level in the brine tank and when it regens will pull all the water out and not have time to properly rinse.

I have a drawing of the valve that will show where the drain flow control is located. Send me an e-mail and I'll send it to you. affordablewtr@aol.com
    We are on a private well that services 1/2 of our town, so it is required to meet the same criteria as city water.

Not clear where the brine line is, or if you mean "regen" by "service cycle." -- or what to do about it.

My email is speakezy@gmail.com

Thanks,

Marco

Brine line is that probably opaque but it might be black, plastic hose that runs from the valve head to the salt tank.
    [B]No, plumbing ain't rocket science. Unlike rocket science, plumbing requires a license[B]

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer View Post
    Brine line is that probably opaque but it might be black, plastic hose that runs from the valve head to the salt tank.
    Loosened the fitting for that line inside the salt tank and it is water under pressure.

What cycle is the valve in?
    [B]No, plumbing ain't rocket science. Unlike rocket science, plumbing requires a license[B]

Quote Originally Posted by Marco_Guy View Post
    Loosened the fitting for that line inside the salt tank and it is water under pressure.
    Unless the unit is in the BRINE FILL cycle, there should be no pressure on that fitting, I believe. During brine draw, it sucks from the brine tank thru the valve into the resin, and in brine fill, it is pressurized because it is filling the sat tank with water. All other times, I think it should be static...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer View Post
    What cycle is the valve in?
    Quote Originally Posted by F6Hawk View Post
    Unless the unit is in the BRINE FILL cycle, there should be no pressure on that fitting, I believe. During brine draw, it sucks from the brine tank thru the valve into the resin, and in brine fill, it is pressurized because it is filling the sat tank with water. All other times, I think it should be static...
    I don't believe it's in any "cycle." The display shows "Gal Remaining 00450"

There should be no pressure at the brine line then.

How do I fix it?

The brine valve is stuck in the open position. You have to replace it to fix it. This could be the cause of salty water after a regen.

Guys.... Kinetico's brine line is always under full main line water pressure.

They rely on the float in the salt tank to shut off the flow into the salt tank.
    Gary Slusser Retired (= out of business)
    Click Here to learn how to correctly size or program a water softener.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.

The brine valve is stuck in the open position. You have to replace it to fix it. This could be the cause of salty water after a regen.
    That's exactly what is it. Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slusser View Post
    Guys.... Kinetico's brine line is always under full main line water pressure.

They rely on the float in the salt tank to shut off the flow into the salt tank.
    This is a Hauge unit. They have a brine valve simular to a Fleck.

This is a Hauge unit. They have a brine valve simular to a Fleck.
    I was wondering what that Kinetico comment was all about!!! I guess somebody's on a mission......
    Last edited by water solutions; 05-08-2012 at 09:03 PM.

Yes you're right. I was replying to;

Unless the unit is in the BRINE FILL cycle, there should be no pressure on that fitting, I believe.

and

There should be no pressure at the brine line then.
    Gary Slusser Retired (= out of business)
    Click Here to learn how to correctly size or program a water softener.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.