Logix 760 settings

Users who are viewing this thread

Pitt742

Reaction score
need help with settings on Logix 760, had water tested for hardness came back at 29, what I'm wondering is what to put in the capacity setting of the unit.
the capacity setting is in kg, I have a family of 4 and was wondering what steps to take to figure the capacity setting...

Thanks in advance

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Do you have any fixtures in the house that use large amounts of water. Like a big whirlpool tub with a hi capacity fill valve?
Your post suggests that you already have the equipment so.....How many grains is it?

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
need help with settings on Logix 760, had water tested for hardness came back at 29, what I'm wondering is what to put in the capacity setting of the unit.
the capacity setting is in kg, I have a family of 4 and was wondering what steps to take to figure the capacity setting...

For clarification, Tom needs to know the capacity of the softener, although as you know it is adjustable, he means the size of the softener; I.E 32K etc..

You can click on the link in my signature for info on sizing and programing a softener. Then come back here to discuss any questions.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
I have programming cheat sheets for that unit and would be glad to post one, but like Gary and Tom said, we need a system size to help. Even a tank size, usually printed on the mineral tank would help.

BTW, the logix 760 is a great controller, good choice!

Pitt742

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply guys, I looked at the mineral tank and there is no info on it as to the size so I measured it and it stands 44 inces high with a 10inch diameter.Hope this helps, also don't have any fixtures that use alot of water....

Thanks

ditttohead

Reaction score
This should help but only for the initial start up. i have also attached a link for the full programming guide/manual for this valve.

http://www.pentairwatertreatment.co...ent/Manuals/740 760 Owners Manual 3003714.pdf

760.jpg

Pitt742

Reaction score
thanks for the info,but I really know nothing about these things,what number do I put in the capacity setting and how many days between regen?

Thanks

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Thanks for the quick reply guys, I looked at the mineral tank and there is no info on it as to the size so I measured it and it stands 44 inces high with a 10inch diameter.Hope this helps, also don't have any fixtures that use alot of water....

Thanks

A 10" x 44" tank is a 1.25 cuft softener but, you are measuring the OD which is usually an inch more than ID but, I don't know of a 9" x 44" but, there are 8" x 44" tanks and they are a 3/4 cuft softener.

A 1..0 cuft is a 9" x 48" tank as ditto shows in the picture. Somewhere on your tank is a label with a model number like 0948 or the actual size. It may be a clear label under the clear epoxy.

IMO either size is too small for your family of 4 with 29 gpg of hardness. It will be regenerating days sooner than a larger unit with better salt and water efficiencies. Plus a higher SFR gpm.

ditttohead

Reaction score
Thanks Gary, I missed the 10x44, it has been way too long of a day. I am just finishing work and I have to fly out this weekend for a day trip to Florida for some contracts. I will post the 10x44 program guide tomorow if I can sneak a few minutes. The only change in the program would be to set it to 1.25, instead of 1.0

I may have an old programmes guide for the feild technician, the sheet I posted is more for our assemblers than for a unit that has been installed already.

Agree 100% with the size, it is definetly too small. It will work, but it should have been sized at least a size or two up.

Thanks for the catch on the size. I need my ginko biloba.

ditttohead

Reaction score
I can post a chart if you remind me next week. I am on a business trip in Chicago this week and my cheat sheets are back in California. I have a simple programming ladder for that valve if the valve has already been started up.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
For clarification, Tom needs to know the capacity of the softener, although as you know it is adjustable, he means the size of the softener; I.E 32K etc..

You can click on the link in my signature for info on sizing and programing a softener. Then come back here to discuss any questions.

Yes, thank you. I sometimes get lazy in my old age

ditttohead

Reaction score
I return from my business trip on Monday, remind me on tuesday and I will post the programming cheat sheet. Sorry for the delay. If you dont remind me Tuesday, i will be out of town again for 2 weeks starting Thursday. At least this time it will be in Vegas and California instead of Chicago.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks