Build external bumpout for internal tankless?

Users who are viewing this thread

justinae

Reaction score
Yeah my thoughts exactly with the 40 gallon.

I thought that's what you meant with the heat pump. :)

I found a few tanked heaters that will work with the small closet application. I'm definitely going with a direct vent or power vent though. It's so much money, but I just came home from a workshop regarding building systems and I don't want to take any more chances of backdraft than I have to. I suppose the safest bet is with an electric, but I think a direct vent will be safe. Reliance makes a skinny 21" that I can get for $1100.

I'll update my matrix and post.

Last edited:

wassermeister

Reaction score
justinae,

Retail pricing for the AirGenerate AirTap ATI50 $1,699 and ATI66 $1,999.

It should be 10-20% less expensive if you can get it through a distributor or contractor.

The Energy Trust of Oregon is now offering a $500 incentive, there is a $400 Oregon residential tax credit, and there is a $1000 rebate from the Northwest Energy Efficiency Alliance.

Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks