Culligan MARK 100 PROBLEM

Users who are viewing this thread

Leonel

Reaction score
Hi, i have this Culligan Mark 100, that is not working properly, failed to delivery softwater.
when i press the REGEN twice, the clock turn and that it, not water comming out of the drain hose, it seen like is not sucking the water from the brine tank. today i checked the tank where the salt is and there is more water than salt.A lot more water than salt.
on the back of the unit there is the valve one says Press for soft water and the other end Press to By Pass
is on press for softwater
What could be the problem, i clean the salt tank like 4 days ago.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
A blocked or frozen drain line would cause not water flow through the drain line. That would prevent any suction of brine water from the salt tank and when the softener went into regeneration, no water would be sucked out of the salt tank and then more water would be added by the refill position of the regeneration. It will continue to add water until it overflows or a float stops it.

With no salt water being used, the resin will not be regenerated. So when you get water flowing out the drain line let it use the water is in the salt tank instead of emptying any out of it.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
It will also add water to the brine or salt tank in the brine draw part of the cycle if the drain line is plugged by either Ice or some of form of block.

Could be that some thing has blocked the flow plug that culligan uses it is some 5x thicker than the fleck drain flow controls and is very easily plugged.

Put the unit in bypass or the red end in and with a towel cover the area where the drain line is held by a metal clip.. left side or same side as brine line, pull that pin and if there was a plug the water should clear it and the flow control out once that pin is removed.

Leonel

Reaction score
here is my follow up:
i did remove the drian line, water came out clear
remove the three screws on top of the unit, i cleaned the screen, clear water came out of the part.

what else should I check for, what else should i remove or clean.
in the next post i will post some images of the unit.
thanks for the help.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
If there is no water going out the drain line at the end, then there is some form of block in that line and it needs to be check for a block so that it can be cleared.
The unit needs some place to put the water when in a cleaning cycle.

Leonel

Reaction score
Follow up

Suddenly started to work just fine, i think it was something clog in the drain line.
water feel soft, and the whole family is happy again.
thanks a lot for all the input.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
You might wish to walk the drain line to make sure that there is not a place that can freeze or has a bend that will stop the water in the future, if it has happened once it will happen again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks