Moen bathroom faucet cartridge replacing

Users who are viewing this thread

Hube

Reaction score
Our bathroom basin faucet knob is very hard {sticky} to pull up. There is a "cartridge" inside that can be removed and either replaced or cleaned of any gook accumulation. I have had no experience with these cartridges, so I'm asking whether its worth trying to replace or clean this cartridge, or just go and buy the whole complete faucet assembly. Thanks for any info.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
moen

It is probably a brass core, and it is definitely cheaper to replace it than install a new faucet. But, whether YOU can do it depends on how tight it is stuck in the valve. I have six different tools to remove it, and sometimes it takes more than one to accomplish the task. IF you start hammering, chiseling, or drilling it, you WILL have to replace the entire valve. Call a good plumber who has the necessary tools to remove it. Once it is removed, there is absolutely no reason to reuse the old one.

JerryR

Reaction score
Moen has lifetime warranty. If you call them they will send you parts needed. When asked if you are the original purchaser say yes.

They will also provide instructions on repair.

Jerry

Hube

Reaction score
Moen has lifetime warranty. If you call them they will send you parts needed. When asked if you are the original purchaser say yes.

They will also provide instructions on repair.

Jerry
Jerry, you were absolutely right!! I phoned Moen
and they said they would sent out the new cartridge including the special tool to remove/install the cartridge. No charge to me at all. Thanks for your "heads-up'

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The special tool they send is plastic. It breaks as soon as you try to turn it. We'll be waiting for your call!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks