T-stats for cast iron radiators

Users who are viewing this thread

wrdtlpf

Carpentry/Handyman Service
Reaction score
Hi all- I heard at one time that you can get individual T-stats and install them on cast iron radiators; is this true and is it recommended? The radiators are the kind that are individual units if you will made from cast iron sections and go up to the window stool. They're not the kind like the more modern base board type. TIA for the help, Bill-

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
t'stat

I have not seen any advertisements for them in years, but they used to have thermostatic valves that replaced your wheel handle ones on each radiator.

wrdtlpf

Carpentry/Handyman Service
Reaction score
Thnx HJ

It was some time ago I heard about them. Any idea if there're worth doing? I'm by myself and don't the heat so high in every room. I'd like to save on heating costs if I can. Thanks-

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks