tiling rear discharge toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Astro46

Reaction score
i have removed and reinstalled many bottom discharge toilets, but no experience with rear discharge, floor mount toilets. if i pull it out for tiling the concrete floor, should i be concerned with the discharge lining up with the wall flange and the wall mounting holes lining up after the toilet is 3/8" - 1/2" higher.

RioHyde

Plumber
Reaction score
In all likelihood the toilet isnt going to line up with the flange after the installation of the concrete backer board and the tile. The flange will probably need to be raised the same amount as the increased height of the floor.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilet

There is usually a small amount of adjustment in the bolts connecting a rear discharge toilet. If the tile is a minimum thickness, you should be okay, otherwise you may have a major plumbing job on your hands.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks