Drain Spout

Users who are viewing this thread

Antigone

Reaction score
I just finished tiling my bathroom shower/tub. Unfortunately, I just realized that I made the hole a little wider than my drain spout. So, when I screw the spout on there are places that the tile does not even reach the spout. Since I cut the hole a little too much, I am not able to put a piece of tile to cover the "spaces/holes" up. I really want to avoid caulking, so if anyone else has another idea that would be very helpful.

Thanks....

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
While it's a pain, if you have some extra tile(s), you can remove the grout around the bad one(s), then break the tile, and then install new one(s) so that it will cover the hole. As an alternative, you may be able to find a tub spout that has a larger footprint, or try to find an eschution plate you can live with.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks