Toto Carolina Spigot to Rubber Sleeve connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

kaih

Reaction score
Need to remove my 9 year old toilet to access the back of it to clean it out. Smells like a public restroom thanks to young boys using the toilet seat as a backboard. Toilet uses unifit rough in. Should I worry about the rubber seal of the unifit to the spigot of the toilet when I put the toilet back in place. Currently only have one bathroom in the house and would like to be prepared.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
That rubber is pretty resilient...don't think you'll have any problems. If you haven't caulked around the base of the toilet, now you know why that is required in many places, and recommended everywhere. Use something like Polyseamseal, which can be removed a lot easier than a silicon caulk.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks