How much water in the tank? eg. Korky valve

Users who are viewing this thread

bnbhoha

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to install some Toto Ultramaxs. Since these are low flow toilets and the purpose it to conserve water, I wanted to make sure I made the correct adjustments. How much water do we actually allow in the tank portion of the toilet? From my unlimited experience, when I used to replace these valves, I could fill the water almost to the top until it fell threw the "big tube". I want to make sure I have the correct height. Is there one? Thanks

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Normally, the fill valve is already installed and adjusted on Totos. If not, or it is not adjusted properly, the water should come up to the mark on the tank. Note, when it becomes necessary to replace the flapper valve, try to get an exact replacement - some of the aftermarket ones either close early or late, compromising the flush or wasting water.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Toto Ultramax and the Toto Drake come adjusted from the factory.

Of the thousands I've sold, I've never bothered to change the factory setting.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks