Plumbing Final Inspection

Users who are viewing this thread

MikeG

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to schedule a final inspection for my bathroom remodel (only a year to complete! :eek: ). One thing that I have not not finished is the panel for the tub front. Is this required for the final inspection? Would putting in a temporary panel pass?

Thanks, Mike

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I don't think the inspector cares about that - he only will care if all of the plumbing is done: an inspection panel is a cosmetic item - he's interested in the mechanical items. My unprofessional opinion.

TonyBagadonutz

Electrician
Reaction score
MikeG said:
One thing that I have not not finished is the panel for the tub front. Is this required for the final inspection? Would putting in a temporary panel pass?

Thanks, Mike

Only if it's a jacuzzi type tub and the motor is under there ~ electrical inspector will require a "permanent access" door/hatch

MikeG

Reaction score
It is a whirlpool tub. The front panel is is mostly decorative and there is a side panel in an adjoining closet that is the access panel for the motor. I guess I will wait until I finish making the front panel before I schedule the final inspection. That way there will be no issues with the inspector.

Thanks, Mike

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks