(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Plumbing Final Inspection

Default Plumbing Final Inspection

I'm getting ready to schedule a final inspection for my bathroom remodel (only a year to complete! ). One thing that I have not not finished is the panel for the tub front. Is this required for the final inspection? Would putting in a temporary panel pass?

Thanks, Mike

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

I don't think the inspector cares about that - he only will care if all of the plumbing is done: an inspection panel is a cosmetic item - he's interested in the mechanical items. My unprofessional opinion.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by MikeG
    One thing that I have not not finished is the panel for the tub front. Is this required for the final inspection? Would putting in a temporary panel pass?

Thanks, Mike
    Only if it's a jacuzzi type tub and the motor is under there ~ electrical inspector will require a "permanent access" door/hatch

It is a whirlpool tub. The front panel is is mostly decorative and there is a side panel in an adjoining closet that is the access panel for the motor. I guess I will wait until I finish making the front panel before I schedule the final inspection. That way there will be no issues with the inspector.

Thanks, Mike