leak checking new bathtub drains

Users who are viewing this thread

pedixon

Reaction score
Hi all. Am ready to leak check all my new drain lines, but not sure how to seal the bathtub over flow pipe for this leak test. Bathtub is already in place. I know I can get scew in plug for the tub drain itself.

pedixon

Reaction score
Just to clarify, this is new house. I am testing all drain lines.

Last edited:

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
You don't see the over flow tested other than just over filling the tub so that the tubs overflow is working.

Have you already flooded out the stacks and vents prior to this?

Often the tub's drain and overflow happen in a second inspection.

I have never seen a tub's overflow "Plugged". Never.

JW

pedixon

Reaction score
No, I have not already tested drains and vents. Didnt know you did that prior to tub being hooked up. So how could I do it now

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
I have tested waste and overflows along with the rest of the piping when the tub will not have an access panel or backs up to an outside wall.

The thing is the manufacturer of your waste may not make a test kit for it. I'm not aware of a universal test kit so you may be stuck with disconnecting the waste and overflows and plugging the trap adapters

pedixon

Reaction score
Thanks for help. I have a watts so maybe I can get test kit.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks