Identify Shower Valve

Users who are viewing this thread

tgraffham

Reaction score
The stem on the end of this guy is all stripped and I wanted to just get a new one. Well easier said than done. Took it apart and started researching and to no avail. I could find NOTHING. Went to Home Depot and OSH and found nothing even similar. Went to a real plumbing supply place we have about 30 minutes away today and the guy said he'd never seen anything like it. Now granted, he was the young man who worked there on Saturdays and had only been there four months, and if I wanted to come back on Monday (taking 90 minutes out from work) and talk to [fill-in-knowledgeable-plumbing-guy-here], he might be able to tell me something.

So, I turn to you, the internet community. Perhaps one of you know what this is.

shower1.jpgshower2.jpgshower3.jpgshower4.jpgshower5.jpg

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The problem these days is that "they all look alike!". This one bears some resemblance to a Glacier Bay or Pegasus from HD. That means globe union, meaning it could also be Danze or Gerber, or many other brands. But those could all use the same cartridge. A photo of the handle and trim plate might also help.

You should not take these things apart, because they are not repairable, and now you might not be able to put it back in temporarily!

tgraffham

Reaction score
Wow, you guys are amazing! I'm looking at that parts explosion drawing and, yup, that's my valve. What now annoys me is that I recognized that Danze logo as soon as I saw it on their site. Because while at that plumbing supply, I was sitting there looking at catelogs and right there on the wall behind that young man was a big display of Danze products! That store carries and pushes Danze! There's no doubt that the guy he said I should see on Monday would have ID'd the thing right off. He probably sells tons of them. I think our young man just needs a little more training! :)

Thanks again,
Tim

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks