Hansgrohe Help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Barbham1

Reaction score
Was wondering if you can help me... hubby and I are trying to install our Hansgrohe Raindance Showerpipe. We followed the instructions to the letter and we still have the s-union showing between the faucet and the escutcheons. The instructions say that the end of the s-union should extend 1 3/8†outside the surface of the finished wall. Our s-union are at 1 5/8" showing but, even so there is a ton of threads still visable after the escuteons is threaded on and the valves on put on. Any ideas? Thank you for your time.

Barbham1

Reaction score
Well I found out my problem...the instructions were wrong. When I went to Hansgrohe Pro website I found instructions that show a completely different plumbing dimension. Will call Hansgrohe on Monday. Thanks anyway everyone.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Nice detective work.

It is so common place to find instructions a slightly out of wack. It is also good practice to dry fit these fixtures before installing the rough ins as many of my clients do not like the handles and such so far off the finished wall.

The number one complaint about plumbing fixtures is "Flow Rate" and the number two complaint is the "Look" and the distance between a handle and the tile. We like to dry fit this and get our clients to OK the finished look.

Sometimes you can not do this since the rough in might be in stock and the trim needs to be ordered. If you can wait for all the pieces to come before starting your layout.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
the number two complaint is the "Look" and the distance between a handle and the tile. We like to dry fit this and get our clients to OK the finished look.

That is certainly a complaint that comes up on the forum here on a regular basis. I think the mfg. write the instructions to allow the most possible leeway for a sloppy installer, and possibly to try to eliminate the possibility that a careless install will be too DEEP, which is non-recoverable. Hence, so many folks end up with the handle further out than "looks right"

Barbham1

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Hansgrohe technical dept in Alpharetta Ga. They admitted the instructions were "wrong and it is unfortunate for me"... I asked the if the had any solutions -such as a shorter s-union or any ideas...was told "nope" that I "had to move the plumbing". The guy said they "may or may not honor" the bill for moving the plumbing. I am pretty much messed up as both my shower and my tub fixtures both had incorrect instructions. Knocked down by a typo and discouraged by a company that disregards their customers !!! Anyhooo, live and learn. Have to either find a shorter s-union or tear down my walls. What doesn't destroy me will make me stronger!

EuroPlumber

In the Trades
Reaction score
Response from Hansgrohe Technical Manager

Dear Barbham1,

I am the Technical Service manager for Hansgrohe USA. I am aware of the conflicting instructions. We did update the instructions last year because we had the complaint of too many threads showing. The correct instructions are the most recently updated. I am surprised that you recieved an answer telling you that it is just unfortunate for you. I will speak to my team about that sort of response. Please contact me by e-mail or phone so that I may discuss the situation with you further. It may be possible to get shorter S-unions custom made in our machine shop.

Best regards,

Phil Heslep
Hansgrohe Technical Service Manager
phil.heslep@hansgrohe.com
800-334-0455

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Dear Barbham1,

I am the Technical Service manager for Hansgrohe USA. I am aware of the conflicting instructions. We did update the instructions last year because we had the complaint of too many threads showing. The correct instructions are the most recently updated. I am surprised that you recieved an answer telling you that it is just unfortunate for you. I will speak to my team about that sort of response. Please contact me by e-mail or phone so that I may discuss the situation with you further. It may be possible to get shorter S-unions custom made in our machine shop.

Best regards,

Phil Heslep
Hansgrohe Technical Service Manager
phil.heslep@hansgrohe.com
800-334-0455

Now that is what I'm talking about! Nice custom service.

Good on you Phil for following this thread.

JW

Barbham1

Reaction score
Wanted to give an update on situation... I did contact Phil from Hansgrohe and he offered to have s-unions cut down to an appropriate size. Phew! I am supposed to receive the parts by the end of this week. I am glad I posted to this forum. I love the Hansgrohe fixtures I purchased and am glad the company is doing something about their mistake. Thanks to all!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks