(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Need help in choosing & sizing water treatment equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer View Post
    Well yes, most suppliers and distributors have probably not sold to the general public at least I hope they have not, otherwise how are we supposed to compete? And again, they don't service them either, that's our job.

So it is your conclusion that mialynette is not properly servicing his customers?
    Some distributors have web sites that sell to the end user.

Based on the chlorinator I sold and mialynette's statements concerning the length of time between his servicing his customers that are using it, yes, he is not servicing it per the manufacturer's instructions.
    Gary Slusser Retired (= out of business)
    Click Here to learn how to correctly size or program a water softener.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.

DIY Senior Member mialynette2003's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slusser View Post
    Some distributors have web sites that sell to the end user.

Based on the chlorinator I sold and mialynette's statements concerning the length of time between his servicing his customers that are using it, yes, he is not servicing it per the manufacturer's instructions.
    Instead of constantly deleting my posts why donít you prove me wrong. I say the ports (2) in the pellet chlorinator I sell get clogged with calcium. Prove me wrong on how I service them. Is it because you can not and therefore must result in deleting my posts for you to feel superior?

You have a problem with blocked "ports", I didn't and my customers didn't.

The reason I and my customers didn't have the problem was because we cleaned the center tube, the cap and the rest of the chlorinator sooner than your 4-8 moths.

Now IMO, and I suspect the opinion of many the unknowns reading this thread, I'd think you'd see the cause of your problem as incorrect service on your equipment but, all I see and hear from you is that the equipment is bad.... DUH!!

The reality is that it really doesn't matter what the blockage material is, YOU aren't cleaning the ports soon enough to prevent the blockage from forming but...

Without testing the material causing the blockage you make a guess that it is calcium. If you mean hardness scale, in cold water water hardness scale usually needs a fairly good flow through a flow restriction before it can be formed and block the restriction. I suspect you don't know that.

If you don't mean hardness scale, although you did mention the water hardness as a cause, what do you mean by claiming it is calcium; where does it come from? IMO it can only be hardness scale or from the pellets. Or, how about sulfates or chlorides?
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.

You have a problem with blocked "ports", I didn't and my customers didn't.

The reason I and my customers didn't have the problem was because we cleaned the center tube, the cap and the rest of the chlorinator sooner than your 4-8 moths.

Now IMO, and I suspect the opinion of many the unknowns reading this thread, I'd think you'd see the cause of your problem as incorrect service on your equipment but, all I see and hear from you is that the equipment is bad.... DUH!!

The reality is that it really doesn't matter what the blockage material is, YOU aren't cleaning the ports soon enough to prevent the blockage from forming but...

Without testing the material causing the blockage you make a guess that it is calcium. If you mean hardness scale, in cold water water hardness scale usually needs a fairly good flow through a flow restriction before it can be formed and block the restriction. I suspect you don't know that.

If you don't mean hardness scale, although you did mention the water hardness as a cause, what do you mean by claiming it is calcium; where does it come from? IMO it can only be hardness scale or from the pellets. Or, how about sulfates or chlorides?
    Thank you for making my point. With an injection system, service is not require but maybe every 2 years (i'm not talking about just filling the solution tank). With the pellet chlorinator, service is required more often and why people would want to be a slave to their equipment.

IMO you sold equipment without knowing much if anything about it. When you had a problem with it you bad mouthed the equipment and now me because I sold it.

It sounds to me as if you haven't sold many solution feeder systems or you'd know more about their service needs. Replacing solution once a week or once a month is service IMO. Do you have those customers check the strength of their solution after they add solution? How about periodic testing for the chlorine residual? How about blowing down their retention tank? How about follow up water quality tests for whatever they are using the chorine to treat, you let them go over two years for all those things huh...

IMO you sold equipment without knowing much if anything about it. When you had a problem with it you bad mouthed the equipment and now me because I sold it.

It sounds to me as if you haven't sold many solution feeder systems or you'd know more about their service needs. Replacing solution once a week or once a month is service IMO. Do you have those customers check the strength of their solution after they add solution? How about periodic testing for the chlorine residual? How about blowing down their retention tank? How about follow up water quality tests for whatever they are using the chorine to treat, you let them go over two years for all those things huh...
    You've got to be kidding me! Why do you always read into something and twist it around so you look good? Are you afraid of something. I do everything you mentioned or instruct the customer on the proper procedure. When I say there is little maintainance on an injection pump, I mean I do not have to take it apart to fix it, unclog any holes, replace any parts or do anything close to what is needed on a pellet chlorinator. Whereas you have to instruct your customer on the proper cleaning of it every 8-10 weeks. That means you have to clean the unit 5+ times a year vs cleaning the injector about every 2 years. You can debate this all you want, I'm done with it.