Low Hot water amount since main valve replacement. Volume seems fine

Users who are viewing this thread

RobPin

Reaction score
Hi I recently replaced the main shut off valve coming into the house. Since then I'm running out of hot water. This was never a problem before. The volume of water seems OK pressure wise but the amount of Hot water seems decreased and ends in half the time now.

Any thoughts

Thanks

RobP

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
If you have an electric water heater and did not turn off the breaker when the work was done, there is a distinct possibility that an element burned out. If you have a gas heater and it was turned off, it may have simply reverted to the default temperature and may need to be raised.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Many water heaters have heat traps in the nipples of the inlet and outlet. Sediment can prevent smooth movement of the ball of the heat trap that could in turn severely restrict the flow but those are not the symptoms you describe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks