Plumbing & Electrical question

Users who are viewing this thread

Rysis

Reaction score
Hello,

I am in the process of renovating a ranch home and I'm considering the installation of a sewage pump in the basement to add a extra bath and wash room. At some point I would like to finish this space for an entertainment area. The question I have run into is that the most direct run to the sewage line would route the pipe in front of the electrical box. Is there a specified distance that I need to be away from the box?

Thanks!

P1010327_B.jpg

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There are codes that specify clearances, but I don't know the specifics. You may want to post this on the electrical forum.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
I think this is the elec forum. But anyway I doubt it. Some unions or flexible pipe in that area might be kind to the electricians, and get it up tight to the ceiling. Or perhaps a few feet outwards, then elbow back in.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Not sure if this thread was moved. Maybe could have.

But you should not have a problem, If it already passed the electrical inspection.

JWelectric

Electrical Contractor/Instructor
Reaction score
The area from the floor to a height of 6 feet above or the finish ceiling and 3 feet out is dictated to the panel and Nothing can be installed in that area.

What you don’t want is sewage leaking onto the panel.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks