Toilet for small bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

Minshulls

Reaction score
I never thought I'd visit a toilet forum, butt I'm a believer now (sorry I couldn't resist!). We have a rental that needed a new toilet (comb or bird toy stuck??) and my handyman was going to go to Home Depot to pick one up. After reading many posts and the reviews here I found a plumbing supply near him with the Toto Drake and he's on his way to pick it up right now. The less worries on the rental the better...

The reason I was at this website in the first place: we've moved from California to an 95 year-old house in New Jersey. We are putting in a first floor powder room with somewhat limited space. One configuration of toilet/vanity is hohum while the configuration I like doesn't allow enough toilet depth for regular toilets. My contractor (from Poland) mentioned that in Europe they have toilet tanks recessed in the wall/wall-hung that aren't as deep. Do you recommend them? How are they serviced?

Thanks for any advice.

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You could try a search here...discussions on wall hung toilets occur occasionally. From what I've read, wall hung toilets require a thicker than normal wall, so that may be a consideration. It requires a hanger to be installed into the wall. The wall may need to also be reinforced to make sure it is sturdy enough to hold the toilet in place.

Minshulls

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. I just read through all the 'wall hung' threads. It seems I would probably just trade toilet inches for wall inches. No one seems to rave about how wonderful the wall hung toilets are either.

The Toto Ultramax seems a tad smaller and so much better, anyway.

Thanks for having this resource for us. At the start of these remodeling projects its impossible to even know what questions to ask and things are ordered before we know what's what... Reading all the threads really helped educate me. Thanks again!

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Have you looked into getting a round, rather than elongated, bowl to save a little space?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks