Need advice on grinder pumps, I don't have a clue

Users who are viewing this thread

newhomeconstruction

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm hopeful that someone can help me. I'm building a new house upstate, we're doing everything (apart from the foundations) ourselves. We were informed that we would need to install a grinder pump in the house, which would run to the main sewer line.
There is only one toilet in the house, so we didn't think it would be an extreme expense, was i wrong!

After looking at grinder pumps, we figured a smaller one would suffice. Yet, now we are being told that we have to have one that is minimum 220v and 1 1/2" output. The quotes i have gotten are around the $4,500 mark, and that's even without installation.
Surely there has to be something under a thousand that we can install?

We don't have a basement, so it would have to be installed outside, i had planned to build housing under the crawl space and install it there, right under the bathroom.

The distance from the grinder pump location to the main sewer lines is approx 40 feet.

please help!

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks