Outdoor Spotlight

Users who are viewing this thread

Coopns

Reaction score
Looking for recommendations for outdoor sensor spotlights. I looked at HD and reviews but wasn't sure what to do, not great reviews on models there. Nothing too wild, would like to be in the 50 - 70 dollar range.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Looking for recommendations for outdoor sensor spotlights. I looked at HD and reviews but wasn't sure what to do, not great reviews on models there. Nothing too wild, would like to be in the 50 - 70 dollar range.

What ever you decide to go with, The longevity depends on the bulb size that you use.

Buying one with a good warranty is about all that you can do, because most are made in China anyway.

WM will take back anything if you are not happy with it. Not sure about HD.

Using a smaller bulb than suggested MAX should give you a longer life. No mater what brand is printed on it.

For $70 you may be able to get one with a camera built in.

Then if you don't like what you see, a 357 with a laser sight may come in handy.

Last edited:

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
L.E.D. fixtures are bunk. I put them in and take them out.

I guess if it is a LED then a controller with a relay would be best.

If it uses SCRs then it may have to be a dim-able type of LED lamp.

I am not sold on the LEDs yet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks