Light Therapy

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
Well, now I got to write up for a house sale, and clean the floor here. :)

Cookie

Reaction score
Ah, it's okay if you do. :) The boys cleaned up some of the floor, (the cats) I made stuffed peppers and they were yummy.

Now, I don't know if you know about this or not, or if you were kidding about light therapy, but, their are several uses for light therapies. I know several people who used it for various diseases with some success.

I kid around alot here, and some people don't get my jokes lol, I am referring to those who do not have a life of their own & continually persist on wanting to run & snoop on mine; but, their is one thing I don't joke about and that is ways medically to help others. If you want check this out Don, it is interesting and I am sure, if interested, their are many other sites where info can be found as well. You brought up something very worthwhile at least to me.

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Therapy/photodynamic

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I don't own a plane, but if things get dreary enough, you find ways to get out of the clouds.
It's sunny here this week though. What does a person do with all that bright light?

Cookie, you may need to get them to install a light switch in the bathroom that has a longer set time. 30 seconds is just way too short.

Cookie

Reaction score
Shucks, I thought I was going to win a plane. lol.

I don't think I can make people do much of anything, trust me, I would change something with some people if I could; but, the woman who was telling me this about the ladies room, was as disgusted and rolling her eyes, too. Can't blame her. I think, it might even be illegal against a fire code.

But, Don, honestly, the light therapies are used for different kinds of things, as skin problems, etc, it is called, in some cases a blue light therapy.

It has its useful purpose. It is kind of funny because alot of people will poo-poo certain things, but, different things are really coming to light. Such as this, I don't know if you read about this Don.

http://www.kanziuscancerresearch.org/

Many promising things in regards to this man's life work. I have followed this man's work for numerous years until, his death, and he was brillant. Many promising things, possibly making the days of sitting in a chemo chair like I did, for 5 years and 3 months a thing of the past, giving people their lives back from the very start, with very little damage to the person in all aspects. I got my money on this man's work. I see a cure in it.

Cookie

Reaction score
To explain why I think it is illegal is because any type of movement should bring the lights back on incase of a fire. They have it wired so, it does not. I was testing it. Once I opened the door, they had the lights come back on again, then, off quickly. I shut the door, reopened it, lights was on again, for a very short period of time, then, off again. I looked for an override and saw none.

I may be wrong, but, I do not think I am. I think, this is against a fire code.

I did check the men's room as well. Same thing. As I was coming out again, the second time, the maintence man asked me if I needed anything. I thanked him saying, no and tried to wink but, my eye would't cooperate, lol.

So what do you think Terry? Am I right?

Last edited:

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
To explain why I think it is illegal is because any type of movement should bring the lights back on incase of a fire. They have it wired so, it does not. I was testing it. Once I opened the door, they had the lights come back on again, then, off quickly. I shut the door, reopened it, lights was on again, for a very short period of time, then, off again. I looked for an override and saw none.

I may be wrong, but, I do not think I am. I think, this is against a fire code.

I did check the men's room as well. Same thing. As I was coming out again, the second time, the maintence man asked me if I needed anything. I thanked him saying, no and tried to wink but, my eye would't cooperate, lol.

So what do you think Terry? Am I right?

http://www.ehow.com/list_6643057_emergency-lighting-requirements-commercial-bathrooms_.html

The Light Therapy I was referring to was more for SAD, and not Cancer.

Cookie

Reaction score
I found this for you Don,
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/seasonal-affective-disorder/DS00195

and, http://www.fullspectrumsolutions.com/light_therapy_13_ct.htm

is this the lamp you mentioned?

Sometimes, volunteering anywhere, really helps for some folks.

I was just outside the past 2 hours cleaning my car. I did the windows, the doors, the rugs, and, I made 15 cents. :) By the way, have you or anyone who dares to answer, lol, yet seen a new thing on tv, ( at least to me) called, Extreme Cheapskates? Really a crazy thing to watch.

But, now the car looks good, smells good and makes me realize that spring is just around the corner!

Thank you for the URL to the emergency lighting. It is much appreciated. :)

DonL

Reaction score
Yes Cookie the Light Box is the one.

Have a great Sun Filled Day.

Cookie

Reaction score
I don't know if you know this or not, aware of it, but, even on an overcast day, rays are making their way through. Perfect example is in the summer, people wonder how on earth they got burned because the sun wasn't out. Sometimes, it is mind over matter Don, keep those positive thoughts.

DonL

Reaction score
I don't know if you know this or not, aware of it, but, even on an overcast day, rays are making their way through. Perfect example is in the summer, people wonder how on earth they got burned because the sun wasn't out. Sometimes, it is mind over matter Don, keep those positive thoughts.

I agree. I do notice I get more energy when I get Power from the Sun.

The Sun is a good example of a Design that can not be Duplicated.

She did good...

Happy_New_Year.gif

Cookie

Reaction score
You are a marvel, how did you put that gif on? It looks so much better, but, now that the new year has started I will change that soon, find me something that will blink & is cool, lol.

I am on my way to work, the only job where the ladies room lights work, but, it is BYO...TP. I can't win. Plus, the place where I was threatened to have my face ripped off, but, at this point, it could be an improvement, a new start, LOL.

IN all honesty, the face is looking a tadbit better today. I only now have this look of WOW! instead of scaring little kids, :)

But, this place allows me the time to work on my book too, when it is slow. I take advantage of that time. I love my book by the way, it is great. Even if I laugh all by myself, it is funny. A girlfriend was reading it and crying & laughing at the same time, that is a sign of a best seller!

I love the sun by the way, but, I am more a moon person.

DonL

Reaction score
A girlfriend was reading it and crying & laughing at the same time, that is a sign of a best seller!

I love the sun by the way, but, I am more a moon person.

You should be in Luck on both counts.

Should be close to a Full Moon, I hope it lights your way home tonight.

I hope your book does good, I will buy a copy when you get you ISBN number, Good Luck.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
You will but? a copy, did you mean buy perhaps? lol. I will give you a copy .... :) No moon tonite that I saw, it was raining and, now turning to the white stuff I would rather not have and then, to ice which is even worse! Morning is going to be a mess, but, I am off tomorrow, so, I will work on my book and make my million so I can sue doctors, that is my goal in life, Lol. I have this idea, I got it today. Did you see the big lightbulb there in Texas? I ran it by a couple friends, and I think, they wanted to smell my breath. But, if I can do it, and win, it would be a first.

DonL

Reaction score
Yea I screwed up typing, sorry.

I hope that you reach your goal.

The sun is shinning bright here today, but it is to cold to go out and enjoy its beauty.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score

The sun is shinning bright here today, but it is to cold to go out and enjoy its beauty.
too cold to go out and enjoy it? it's 47 degrees there now; its like Summer time! go out and enjoy it. I will when I get off work in 1 1/2 hours. Ah, maybe not: its 41 and raining.

Cookie

Reaction score
Snowing like crazy here and my shovels are missing from my front porch. :( I guess they were needed more by someone else than me. lol. I am glad, now, I don't have to shovel it. I only want to make this docor accountable for what he didn't do, eh, save my husband's life by doing his doctor duties. Hence, he cannot or will not even apologize or look at me in my eyes ( 2 are working today, by the way) I now, want everything he got. His malpractice insurance, his house, his cars, his bank accts, and even his cat. I will succeed in suing him. :)

The bad doctor took advantage of me, I was battling cancer again, at the same time of my husband's death, how low can you go.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
I think, the article said, it is watchable until, March 5th. Take a peek when you haven't any cloud cover and let me know what you think. I hear those red rays give you a reddish hue. lol.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks