Replacing old submersible pump/pressurizing tank vs constant pressure system

Users who are viewing this thread

hannahw

Reaction score
Hello,

My well pump needs replacing and my pressurizing tank bladder is leaking. I was given 2 options with prices and I'm not sure which is best.

Option 1
-replace well pump and pressurizing tank for $1600 parts and labour
Option 2
-install constant pressure system including pump and control panel for $2000 parts and labour

I'm unsure whether I even want a constant pressure system. I was given this price in order to be a guinea pig for a new supplier the plumber would like to try. But I thought if I have to replace both the pump and pressurizing tank that for $400 more I could upgrade to constant pressure system.

Any experience or opinions?

Masterpumpman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.dci-inc.us
Forget the constant pressure pumps as they are a nightmare. Troublesome, complicated and require replacing often.
Consider replacing with a conventional pump and a Pside-Kick. The Pside-Kick comes with a small WX-102 tank and everything else you need. This small tank is all that you need. It will extend the life of your pump, tank and pressure switch plus it will give you constant pressure like city water. Your family will love it. http://www.cyclestopvalves.com/products.html.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
I was given this price in order to be a guinea pig for a new supplier the plumber would like to try.

Ja, and squeal like a pig while he has you over a barrel. I would not want a pump man to learn at my expense. From what I hear of those variable speed pumps, you would need someone experienced to service them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks