Which fitting to connect two horizontal vents into one vertical?

Users who are viewing this thread

pbfj84

Reaction score
I have 3" and a 1 1/2" horizontal vents that i want to tie together and go vertical out the roof.

This connection will be made in the ceiling before going out the roof.

I thought about using a combo wye/tee or sanitee fitting but those fittings would only slope back to the vent in one direction. Doesn't it need to slope back to both vents?
A two way clean out fitting is the only thing I know of that would accomplish that.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
ABS, and PVC, fittings do NOT have a "fixed slope" to them. Once you apply the cement you can "bend" them as necessary to get the slope. I do not know how you intend to make the connection or how a "two way cleanout would work because you would have to use bushing to reduce to the branch sizes. Almost any conventional fitting will work, but you may be thinking of a "vent tee" which is "square" without any "sweep" in either direction.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks