Double sink / Disposal / Dishwasher - old home renovation advice needed

Users who are viewing this thread

k.k.

Reaction score
Hi -

I'm getting ready to do the plumbing for my kitchen remodel and had a question regarding the drain line for a Double sink / Disposal / Dishwasher

Currently drain goes through the floor in the basement where it is tied into 4" cast that goes into the masonry foundation. No Vent :(

I was going to do an S-trap but after reading other posts on this site, it seems that is not the way to go. Does anyone have any recommendations for what I can do without adding a vent line that would extend through the roof? My first guess was that I could design it with a P-Trap according to the diagram that Terry has posted in other discussions... Then instead of a vent line above the p-trap, i would have an Air Admittance Valve. Would that be an appropriate solution?

sink_dw.jpg

Thanks!

Ken

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
As long as you have the plumbing system vented through the roof, then you could use an AAV on the kitchen sink.

studor_specs.jpg

Last edited:

k.k.

Reaction score
thanks. Unfortunately I don't think this portion is vented through the roof. From what is could see, it was tied into the drainage system for the downspouts :confused: The downspout drain on the one side of the house seems to enter the basement and then is taken across the basement to the foundation wall on the other side - Where the kitchen drain is then tied into it. So confused - this situation is isolated to the kitchen. The bathroom has it's own section on the far end of the basement 20 ft away, where it enters the foundation (vented system)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks