(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Double sink / Disposal / Dishwasher - old home renovation advice needed

Default Double sink / Disposal / Dishwasher - old home renovation advice needed

Hi -

I'm getting ready to do the plumbing for my kitchen remodel and had a question regarding the drain line for a Double sink / Disposal / Dishwasher

Currently drain goes through the floor in the basement where it is tied into 4" cast that goes into the masonry foundation. No Vent

I was going to do an S-trap but after reading other posts on this site, it seems that is not the way to go. Does anyone have any recommendations for what I can do without adding a vent line that would extend through the roof? My first guess was that I could design it with a P-Trap according to the diagram that Terry has posted in other discussions... Then instead of a vent line above the p-trap, i would have an Air Admittance Valve. Would that be an appropriate solution?

Thanks!

Ken

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As long as you have the plumbing system vented through the roof, then you could use an AAV on the kitchen sink.

Last edited by Terry; 01-09-2012 at 12:45 PM.

thanks. Unfortunately I don't think this portion is vented through the roof. From what is could see, it was tied into the drainage system for the downspouts The downspout drain on the one side of the house seems to enter the basement and then is taken across the basement to the foundation wall on the other side - Where the kitchen drain is then tied into it. So confused - this situation is isolated to the kitchen. The bathroom has it's own section on the far end of the basement 20 ft away, where it enters the foundation (vented system)

Your description is confusing enough that we cannot tell if an AAV would be appropriate or not.
    Licensed residential and commercial plumber