Antique Clawfoot Tub Faucet setup

Users who are viewing this thread

frozen

Reaction score
Talked to my mom yesterday. They just completely gutted their bathroom and installed an old claw foot that they purchased at an auction. The problem they are running into now is that they cannot find a faucet that fits. I'll see if I can get some pics and measurements next time I make the drive down to visit. Do you guys have any suggestions?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
"OLD" clawfoor tubs typically have to holes 3 3/4" apart for the faucet. There are many faucets, (from very inexpensive to super expensive, it depends on how much you want to pay), which are either made for it or can be adapted, BUT, they MUST have a "gooseneck spout" which comes up above the rim of the tub. If it is one without holes then there are even more made for that type of tub, but almost all are "expensive".

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
clawfoot_2216.jpg

Sign of the Crab makes replacements.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks