Cconvert 2 gang switch to 3 gang switch

Users who are viewing this thread

soft

Reaction score
My mom hired a technician to do those electrical wirings since i know a bit about electrical i was the one to tell the technician were to put a switch/outlet in our house but the technician is so busy wiring the new house of my sister....

Wires : 12/3, 14/3

Questions:

1. After replacing the old 2 gang switch with the 3 gang switch i notice that the lights from the kitchen keep blinking which means (grounded)? Correct me if im wrong! How can i avoid it?
2. The 3rd switch is for the Cabinet and thats my problem could i tap the 1 wire of the cabinet to any of the two 14/3 If so i need to create a jumper to connect the 12/3 to make it live
3. Or should i get the power directly from the junction box (outlet for oven)? and connect it to the 3rd switch.

See pic...
https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/53832899/1/Switch?h=7e2f0f

JWelectric

Electrical Contractor/Instructor
Reaction score
My mom hired a technician to do those electrical wirings since i know a bit about electrical i was the one to tell the technician were to put a switch/outlet in our house but the technician is so busy wiring the new house of my sister....
Then call him back if it is not working right

1. After replacing the old 2 gang switch with the 3 gang switch i notice that the lights from the kitchen keep blinking which means (grounded)? Correct me if im wrong! How can i avoid it?
Wrong, if it was grounded it would trip the overcurrent device
2. The 3rd switch is for the Cabinet and thats my problem could i tap the 1 wire of the cabinet to any of the two 14/3 If so i need to create a jumper to connect the 12/3 to make it live
3. Or should i get the power directly from the junction box (outlet for oven)? and connect it to the 3rd switch.
No, you should call the person who you paid in the first place to come fix the problem.

For anyone who wants to address this issue look at his profile first. This is not a 120 volt circuit

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks