Clogged vent stack

Users who are viewing this thread

Adam Myers

Reaction score
okay so I have that smells coming out of the toilet in the stack and I figured the vent pipe was clogged and it is. So I took the advice of some and tried the auger and that didn't work, I then use the garden hose with a high-pressure nozzle and turned the water on, the stack filled with water and has not gave yet, it's winter here so now I have two problems I still have a clogged event and it may be possibly frozen in the morning, what do I do?

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
You can use a shop vac to suck the water out of the top of the stack. Tape the hoses together good so you don't lose them in the stack.

Don't fall off the roof. Don't let the vacuum fall either.

Schustermarie54

Reaction score
Maybe someone dropped a huge bomb with a bird sitting on the edge of the pipe and passed out from the fumes. All joking aside though i would imagine one sniff of the top of the vent gives a pretty good idea if its working or not. I always try to find something else to do when it comes time to work around a vent.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks