Question about headlights

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
It is a 2004, I think. Son is on the way to drop it off at the mechanic's now. I had this problem with my sebring, it was horrible, going from one window to the next, back to the dealer over & over. It was all an annoying fun & game until, the extended warranty ran out. Now? I just don't use the windows. They are up. They are staying up. It used to be they would get stuck down, of course in the winter, and stuck up in the summer. I have a friend in NZ who swears he is buying a Clysdale horse for transportation. Can't say I wouldn't blame him. I think, cars should come with an option for both the electronic winder gizmo AND, a window handle to wind down or up. At the dealer that was alittle over 300 a hit to fix. Like I said, that was a warranty. I don't know what my son will pay today. It will be interesting to see, I just hope not sad.

Cookie

Reaction score
When someone rides in my car and asks if they can wind down the window I tell them I can't afford the air, leave it up. When they start to complain, and, ask for the air to put on, (which hasn't been working) I tell them, life is a series of challenges and this will make you stronger. Like I am told and resent, lol, " what doesn't kill you will make you stronger." So, most people think, okay, I just won't ride in her car in the summer. Not so, my friend.

It is worse in the winter. The heater doesn't work. :)

Cookie

Reaction score
Nothing in this world can shock or surprise me, I am shockproof now days. He had to take my car to work today, good thing it is warmer out there, at least he can play some music in it, music to keep warm by, lol. And, I reminded him to every now & then, to open the door to vent the fumes. I got a big hole, crater-size under it. I am truly amazed when people think, my life is no different than theirs. :) I laugh the laugh of the insane and shake my head to & fro in disbelief. Insanity works, don't knock it.

Make sure that you are sitting down when he tells you. lol

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
And, here I thought you would be tall, dark and handsome, you are saying you look like a guniea pig? :) I don't believe that for a second!

I am, but I'm already taken.. I saw the nambe Bob and the brain tuned out guinea pig. ooh!

Cookie

Reaction score
Actually... this Bob here, is quite handsome, all the girl cats are after him, but he has nothing to offer. lol.

Cookie

Reaction score
I was sitting down when he called, but, I could had been standing! It was the regulator, and, total cost was 209. I was paying much more than that at the dealer on my car per window. I am glad it wasn't much more than that for him though.

Make sure that you are sitting down when he tells you. lol

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I was sitting down when he called, but, I could had been standing! It was the regulator, and, total cost was 209. I was paying much more than that at the dealer on my car per window. I am glad it wasn't much more than that for him though.

Good deal, very good. Yep, Lincoln parts and labor ar more than Huyundai's

Cookie

Reaction score
Thank you all for all your help in these matters, it is appreciated. :)

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score

So it was a dead battery. lol

It it was a Ford it would have cost about $25 for the part and 10 minutes to replace it.

Glad he is back on the road.

Now it is must be about time to get you car heater fixed...

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
So it was a dead battery. lol

It it was a Ford it would have cost about $25 for the part and 10 minutes to replace it.

Glad he is back on the road.

Now it is must be about time to get you car heater fixed...
window regulator not voltage regulator like they used to have in the old days. It'll be a little warmer this weekend here, so Cookie may wait longer to get the heater fixed. When my wife rides in my truck, I can't have the heater on (at all), as it makes her too hot.

DonL

Reaction score
My mistake.

I thought the Window Regulator was Your Finger. lol

So what kind of regulator do they use ?

A Resistor or a fuse ?

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
My mistake.

I thought the Window Regulator was Your Finger. lol

So what kind of regulator do they use ?

A Resistor or a fuse ?
wadda you mean now, for a window or an alternator? Got no idea, just stayed in a Holiday Inn Express and learned enough for cocktail conversation:p

DonL

Reaction score
wadda you mean now, for a window or an alternator? Got no idea, just stayed in a Holiday Inn Express and learned enough for cocktail conversation:p

LOL

I know about alternator regulators, been play with them for years, New ones are solid state. FET on most.

Window regulator was what I was asking about.

It is funny how they hide all of the Fusible links in the wiring harness, so the dealer has to screw you...

Nukeman

Nuclear Engineer
Reaction score

DonL

Reaction score
A regulator for ya winder is a mechanical device. It either attaches to a crank (for manual windows) or to a motor (for PW).

An older manual regulator looks like this:

http://www.mazdatrix.com/pictures/l-inter/59-560A-8871.jpg

A bit newer power window one might look something like this:

http://www.mazdatrix.com/pictures/l-inter/94-95windowreg-s.jpg

Usually for this type of problem:

- motor is shot
- regulator binds or pivot point breaks
- glass falls off the tracks or somehow binds

Thanks NukeMan,

Could it have broken because his Girlfriend was sticking her feet out the window ?

I still think that a girl had something to do with this.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks