(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Question about headlights

I will print that out too, lol. I love printers. Come in handy. So, replace all the fuses? Now, about the short, I don't like that. How can I fix that? Find out if it is shorted?

Long time ago, I parked my car, back then, a stationwagon, on the side of school where the elementary students were at, basketball court on the other side of it. Well, I parked the car, went to shut if off and smelled smoke. Wow. I opened the lid, and, out poured flames. Not good. The kids were screaming inside, basketballs went flying, and I shut the lid again, and ran. There was a gas station one place over and I ran there, and they came and put it out, saying, it was a short, which they fixed.

I don't want this happening to my son.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Okay, that is my deer. That is Little Timmy, who is not so little anymore, but, he still wants to get in the house, and of course, Bob wants out, no one gets their own way. lol. Little timmy might come by later he usually does. It was cool when he brought his own family once. I thought I was posting Sophie. lol, oh well.

What would make the fuse blow? I will copy the instructions and take it outside with me tomorrow. Thank you.

I think, his model is an Elantra.

When You pop the Fuse Box cover it should tell you what Fuse/Relay does What.

Look for the one that says HeadLamps...lol.

That deer is so cute. You are very Blessed.
    Last edited by DonL; 01-03-2012 at 06:44 PM.
    Theory only works perfect in a vacuum.

Cyber Security Protection for Windows C:\ > WWW.WinForce.Net

When I wiggle the switches, what am I doing this for and looking for? Not flames right? I don't like flames. That is why I am good and will go eventually, to the 'cool" place.

He is big these days. He comes around in the early morning or at about 1:30am. If I go outside he is usually, there, so, I feed him. But, he rubs his antlers on my legs, and even though he is huge, he is very gentle. He has grown up here. I remember someone telling me, when he was little that I should keep him in the basement. The basement? Why would I want a deer living in my basement? I would make the Hoarders tv show. lol. He is happy outside. Bob, is happy inside. And, yes, I do agree, I am blessed Don. I love animals. People I tolerate, lol. This pic is from the morning he was born. It was hot, and I put this box over him to shield him from the sun. On the flip side of the box which you can't see I wrote something, as usual, always trying to make a buck... I wrote: see the buck for a buck. lol, and, someone taped a buck on the box,

Quote Originally Posted by DonL View Post
    When You pop the Fuse Box cover it should tell you what Fuse/Relay does What.

Look for the one that says HeadLamps...lol.

That deer is so cute. You are very Blessed.
    Last edited by Cookie; 01-03-2012 at 06:53 PM.

Test, Don't Guess! cacher_chick's Avatar

Someone needs to watch to see if the lights flicker, flash, etc, while you "wiggle" the switches.
    If wiggling a switch causes that to happen, it is the problem.

I wouldn't replace anything unless I have proven it is faulty. Fuses and relays can be tested.

Just like with plumbing, there comes a point where professional help makes sense.

So, if the lights flicker then, the switch might need replaced? Is that something a mechanic should do?

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Attn all motor people,

If both your headlights go out at the same time, which is it most likely to be, the bulbs or a fuse? Which would you do or check first?

Thank you.
    The cold weather usually causes the headlights to turn on.
    I am definitely not a pro plumber, but I am a pro crastinator

Going to run this by you all. Son called and while he was at work, his girlfriend's dad, replaced the lightbulbs, and it works. He did have high beams... not low beams. Her dad only replaced the bulbs. I am grateful to this man for being so good to my son, yet, I need to ask, being they both blew, and both high beams were working, but, not the lows, does it sound like this is all it was? I really like my kid. lol.

ha ha. I will ignore this one.

Quote Originally Posted by BobL43 View Post
    The cold weather usually causes the headlights to turn on.

Test, Don't Guess! cacher_chick's Avatar

Like I said before, he was probably driving with one for some time and never noticed. 2 bulbs blowing at once would not be a common occurrence.

The good news is that it's working and it didn't cost more that the car is worth.
    Last edited by cacher_chick; 01-03-2012 at 07:12 PM.

So, tell me, what do you think of him the morn he was born? Cute as a little dickens wasn't he? I can show you a pic of him today, if you want to see it.

You know what I remember once my husband pulling the wheel off the steering column wheel, and doing something to one of our cars once. He never swore, was against his religion, lol, but, he did that day. I remember that. I remember teasing him, saying, ' Ah, you go first on that test drive."

Quote Originally Posted by cacher_chick View Post
    If the dimmer switch is bad, it is inside the steering column. Not a particularly good DIY job unless you have a warm shop full of tools and nothing better to do.

I usually see him pulling away in the mornings and, see his headlights but, I might had missed it one morning being off.

So, you think, that was all his problem then? He will be fine?
    Quote Originally Posted by cacher_chick View Post
    Like I said before, he was probably driving with one for some time and never noticed. 2 bulbs blowing at once would not be a common occurrence.

The good news is that it's working and it didn't cost more that the car is worth.

I have this problem with my car. we could tackle tomorrow... lol.

just a teeny-weeny little problem... lol.