(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Question about headlights

Sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by DonL View Post
    I know that she is a very nice person.

And she also knows that we are just playing.

I would talk to her in person, just as I would on the Internet.

I do not hide behind the computer Monitor.

Sorry Cookie.

I guess I need to go play somewhere else.

On a good note, his car is working, ( knock on wood) just fine. The lights, the wipers, the battery, the windows, all are working. Life is good again.

On another good note, my book is under serious consideration for publication. Yeah...
    If they all get published it would make quite a few. Enough to get the heater fixed Bob. lol.

But, my motto is, never to count yer chickens before they hatch. And, being we had chickens, 2 of them, Einstein and Yoda, they never laid an egg. Could be because we didn't have a rooster, lol.

Don, how does this work?

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Tell me, comment on this, you guys, any guys ever get so frazzeled, that you want to say, "enough?"

and, figure out a way to open your own business and the hell for working for anyone at all, ever again in life?

That is where I am at. Frazzeled enough.
    Of course, we've all felt that way. When my company asked me tyo come back a year and a half after they asked me to retire, it put me in a nice position. when things bother me now I just remind them that they need me more than I need them, really. I do my best, same as i always did, but the BS politics at work we all get caught in really sucks
    I am definitely not a pro plumber, but I am a pro crastinator

What I never understood before it all happened to me, was the discrimination with health. It is HUGE in the workforce. I can't explain it well enough. Honestly, if someone told me years ago, I would had looked at them, like saying, " yeah, right..." but, they would had been right. It is a real catch22. You are damned if you say anything, and damned if you don't. The mistreatment is astounding. One thing is sure. A person such as me, will have to prove theirselves worthier than someone healthy as a horse. That really sucks. Like life isn't hard enough. I have found humor in many circumstances to work, even, if I am the only person laughing. Like Erma Bombeck said, "if life is a bowl of cherries, why am I always in the pits."

*I had bought a bag of cherries the other day, put them in a bowl and sat them on my desk. Numerous people walked by and looked in the bowl and never said a word.

Occasionally, I would eat one and leave the pit.

I thought, one person would ask, " what's with the cherries?" I was grossly, disappointed.
    Last edited by Cookie; 01-06-2012 at 10:04 PM.

Well, the car has to go back. Whoopee. The weatherstripping is pushed up and out, and their is a gap in the glass area, and the white plastic clips are sticking up & out. Imagine that, just fixed.

Bob, don't know if you remember but, Bob has his birthday today; but, the party has to be rescheduled because Thomas & my Bob, lol, are sick. They started sneezing 2 days ago, and still feel warm. I think, they got kitty colds. He is 24 today. Poor Bob... but, he isn't feeling well, and laying about, and Tom Tom keeps sneezing on him.

I did tell my son this morning, we have reason for concern, because Bob is getting older.
    Last edited by Cookie; 01-07-2012 at 10:37 AM.

On a good note, his car is working, ( knock on wood) just fine. The lights, the wipers, the battery, the windows, all are working. Life is good again.

On another good note, my book is under serious consideration for publication. Yeah...
    If they all get published it would make quite a few. Enough to get the heater fixed Bob. lol.

But, my motto is, never to count yer chickens before they hatch. And, being we had chickens, 2 of them, Einstein and Yoda, they never laid an egg. Could be because we didn't have a rooster, lol.

Don, how does this work?

Maybe they were roosters. lol

They only need a rooster to make baby chicks.

And the type of feed has a lot to do with egg production, so does the weather.
    Theory only works perfect in a vacuum.

Cyber Security Protection for Windows C:\ > WWW.WinForce.Net

They were our Easter peeps which we kept and, they lived for about 3 years. They were cool. We didn't dye them, ( which is horrible) so, they were your normal white Rock ones. What is horrible is over the night, and to which I woke up to, is now, I got that darned Bells of Palsy on the right side of my face. So, now back on steriods. I don't mind it much because it doesn't hurt, but, it effects my lipstick and the drooling is alittle impolite. I am told stress causes this, what stress? lol. This is the second bout for me. But, Bob & Thomas are much better and my vet school chum (high school) is always nice enough to come check them out. Me, too. Why pay for a doctor when I got a vet friend who can put me down, lol.

Ps. Glad to see you are back Don, you can play here, I have no problem with that.

Ps. Glad to see you are back Don, you can play here, I have no problem with that.
    You know that I would never leave You.

I would not say anything here that I would not say to your face.

If I say something that I should not, Just slap me. I may just like it.

Sometimes Pain makes a stronger Person. And I do feel your pain.
    Theory only works perfect in a vacuum.

Cyber Security Protection for Windows C:\ > WWW.WinForce.Net

lol. that's what they all say, one-night, and, then, they are gone.
    Hm, Nietzsche...
    You want to talk about pain, you should see me eating popcorn right now, lol, it isn't painful for me, but it would be to watch like chewing with your mouth open. It keeps falling out.

There is one good about this, I got this permanent "evil" eye right now, and probably for the next 2 weeks, I will have some fun with this and let those at work, thinking I am deliberately doing this, lol. See, their is a silver lining in everything.

Will make sure, I pack a lunch every single day and eat with them. Soup would be good.
    Last edited by Cookie; 01-08-2012 at 03:31 PM.

lol. that's what they all say, one-night, and, then, they are gone.
    Hm, Nietzsche...
    You want to talk about pain, you should see me eating popcorn right now, lol, it isn't painful for me, but it would be to watch like chewing with your mouth open. It keeps falling out.

There is one good about this, I got this permanent "evil" eye right now, and probably for the next 2 weeks, I will have some fun with this and let those at work, thinking I am deliberately doing this, lol. See, their is a silver lining in everything.

Will make sure, I pack a lunch every single day and eat with them. Soup would be good.
    we guys get all crazy when the ladies talk like that about themselves

i reread that and if, I could, I would laugh right now.

i reread that and if, I could, I would laugh right now.
    I wrote that to cheer you up not to make fun of your condition. I know its not funny at all.

Actually, it is kind of funny. I am drinking coffee through a straw and still burning myself. Thomas the younger cat with the better eyesight has been staring at me, so rude. I learned a long time maybe, learned is not the right word, thrown, yes, thrown, into laughing at things to preserve my sanity. I always say, not to under estimate insanity, because it works. So, does humor, it gets you through some times, you otherwise may think you can't and there are some things, like death, you would think you could never laugh at. Yet, I found that to be funny at times. I remember back in 98, when I was first diagnosed with "seemingly" Hodgkins disease. My husband, we, came home from the hospital, my arm in a sling, and, my neighbors were out & about. The man I love, the woman, well... He asks me what happened. I told him and started crying. The wife was all disgusted with me. I learned later he was going to send over a pizza and the wife wouldn't let him, lol.

Then, 2 years later, after being on some dreadful drugs for 18 months, drugs I was told would bring a big man down to his knees, I am coming home from the hospital again. Arm back in sling. They, the same neighbors, are back out. It was a feeling of dejavu, except with a twist. This time, I found out I was misdiagnosed, the drugs didn't work, and, I went from a stage 2 to a 4. The man asked me the same question, and, I told him, it was never Hodgkins disease but, Non Hodgkins disease. With that being said, the wife said, " and look all that crying for nothing!"

This is why and what I am writing my book about. I stopped crying that day, and started laughing at people and their lack of insensivity to the plight of others. And, I haven't quit laughing yet. I keep finding more and more to laugh about and to educate.

My husband summed it up well in ... I forget which year. I think, 2003. I had a blood clot on my calve and lymphoma on my ankle. From the drugs given to me in 98, I had developed what is called, neuropathy in my feet and hands. Which means the nerves were damaged and I lost all feeling, so I developed what I referred to as my sexy walk, and eventually, through time I had regained the feeling in my hands but, never in my feet. This particular day, in 2003, I had to have surgery to remove the lymphoma from the ankle bone, and my husband told me not to worry because no one dies of ankle cancer, lol., so, I went into surgery and had it done. I refuse to ride in a wheelchair, and, after surgery I walked out to the parking lot with my husband. Something was different... very different. I could now feel my feet, and, I said, to him, " I can feel my feet!" but, now, when he talked, I couldn't hear him. We turned around, walked right back in and found out the fluid had moved so much, it was affecting the nerves in my ears. I started laughing. My husband said, to me, written on a piece of paper, " i will give you this much girl, you got one hell of a sense of humor." And, the worst part was, I lost my sexy walk.
    Last edited by Cookie; 01-09-2012 at 08:32 AM.

The car is fixed, and I am on my way to getting fixed. I have thrown in the towel, going to do the prednisone. So, no one make me mad.