Crane (OEM) tub tap - H & C tabs - keep popping off!

Users who are viewing this thread

Shelley S

Reaction score
I am replacing Crane acrylic taps on my sinks and tub taps (with same OEM version)... but the H and C "tabs" that "push on" keep popping off. Any suggestions?

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
You may need to bend the little spring fingers out slightly. In a rental once I had that problem and cut short plugs of memory foam style earplugs to provide a little more pressure for the fingers.

I suppose small balls of plumber's putty would work.

Shelley S

Reaction score
You may need to bend the little spring fingers out slightly. In a rental once I had that problem and cut short plugs of memory foam style earplugs to provide a little more pressure for the fingers.

I suppose small balls of plumber's putty would work.

Interesting idea, thanks... Did you put the foam "over" the small fingers? I did try bending the fingers out - all of them... maybe I should only bend a few of them?

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
No, I put the foam plug inside the fingers so that as the memory foam expanded, it pushed the fingers outward.

ar-312-1201.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks