How to Remove Temperature Handle on Delta Monitor

Users who are viewing this thread

wardw

Reaction score
I need to increase the maximum temperature on my older model Delta Monitor shower faucet. The Delta site describes how to set the "adjustable rotational limit stop" that's under the temperature control handle, but I can't figure out how to remove that handle to get at it.

My faucet is an older model than the Delta site illustrates; it would have been installed in 1999 or later. It has a large Lucite volume control lever with a smaller temperature control handle forming a domed cap. There's no visible screw on it; it looks as if it can pry off, but I don't want to wreck it by forcing it up.

Should I just bite the bullet and use a screwdriver to pry it off?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Is there a decorative cover on the cap? Often, you can pry that off to expose a screw and then remove the cap. A picture would help. On one of them, the cap has a decorative cover that snaps onto the base portion; you pry that off to expose the screw to then take the whole thing apart. This is one reason why it is very useful to keep the installation instructions, as they show the parts breakdown and often make it easy to figure out how to do maintenace later one. If you can identify it on their webpage, they usually have the installation instructions/parts breakdown there to help you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks