Laundry tub drain issue

Users who are viewing this thread

ddmoit

Reaction score
HJ, are you suggesting that the pipe as it is will continue to function as a leak proof drain for a new sink? I would love for that to be true.

ddmoit

Reaction score
Since I can now see where it will leak if it is going to leak, I've decided to put it all together to see if it does leak.

ddmoit

Reaction score
IMG_2883.jpg

It leaks.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think it's pretty obvious you have to replace this pipe. As far as a vent is concerned, I know many of the pros will moan and groan over this, but here is a place where an AV vent would work. You would just put a tee in the trap arm and a short nipple with an adapter above the tee. The AV would screw into the adapter.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
That joint would probably have NEVER leaked, but since you have it exposed all it needs is a hammer and calking iron, or blunt chisel/screwdriver, to hammer it tight to the pipe.

ddmoit

Reaction score
Plumber is coming tomorrow. I am an educated consumer, thanks to you folks.:)

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks