Do you believe in Angels or God, he did...

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
An 18-year-old American boy who died on Christmas Day has garnered worldwide attention for a series of heart-breaking videos he recorded weeks before his death.

Ben Breedlove suffered from a life threatening heart condition which caused him to have multiple heart attacks in his short life.

Called ‘My story’, he recorded the video on December 18, 2011 to prepare his family and friends for his eventual passing. He uses a series of flash cards to explain why death no longer scares him.

He describes his first near death experience that happened when he was just four years old and talks about a bright light that brought him peace.

In his most recent near death experience, he was in a room with his favourite rapper, Kid Cudi

"I couldn't stop smiling," he writes in the video, "I was proud of myself, of my entire life, everything I have done. It was the BEST feeling... I didn't want to leave that place. I wish I NEVER woke up."

His final words are: "Do you believe in Angels or God?... I Do."

On Christmas night, the young Austin school student died of a heart attack, the fourth in his short life.

His inspiring and heartbreaking story has now become a online hit, inspiring millions worldwide.

Rapper Kid Cudi wrote on his blog:

"Iam [sic] so sad about Ben Breedlove. I watched the video he left for the world to see, and him seeing me in detail, in his vision really warmed my heart. I broke down, Iam to tears because I hate how life is so unfair. This has really touched my heart in a way I cant describe, this is why I do what I do. Why I write my life, and why I love you all so much. Life is really fucked up sometimes, but I know Ben is at Peace, and I hope he gets a chance to sit and talk with my Dad. We love you Ben. Forever. Thank you for loving me. To Ben’s family, you raised a real hero, he’s definately [sic] mine. You have my love." — Scott Mescudi

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A story I heard...........

A couple had a new child together; the husband knows that the wife's father was a minister of a church. Methodist.
Seems pretty normal, except for the bit of extra church going. Wife tells husband that sometimes at night, in the baby's room, there is a woman.
This is simple man thinks..........the wife is a bit off her rocker.

One day wife tells husband to check on the baby in the middle of the night. He gets out of bed, crosses the hall and looks in the baby's room. A woman is standing near the crib and looks over her shoulder with a look that says she wasn't real happy to see the man. The man goes back to bed and sees the wife already in bed.
"How did you beat me back to bed?" he says?
"I never left the bed." she says.
It's then that the man remembers that the woman in the room had short dark hair. His wife has long blond hair. Startled, the man asks the wife what the woman looked like that she had seen. Same description. Woman with short dark hair.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Odd story Terry. I feel so bad for that young man, he saw something and I truly, hope he is happy and at peace. Didn't you guys feel bad when you read that? He was so young, only 18. My heart went out to him. It made me appreciate my family I have.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Odd story Terry. I feel so bad for that young man, he saw something and I truly, hope he is happy and at peace. Didn't you guys feel bad when you read that? He was so young, only 18. My heart went out to him. It made me appreciate my family I have.
It was very hard to read for me and left a lump in my throat and my face wet. Yes, sometimes I can be a woos.

Cookie

Reaction score
Yes, life can be hard, and so very very unfair, and when I see it happen to one so young, it is even that much worse. I can only read his cards he holds up, as I don't have sound, and even just reading the cards and when he asks, if you believe in angels or God, then next says, I do, I find myself feeling proud of someone, a young man, I never even met. I wish him well.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Jimbo,
That's just one of many stories I've been told. Most people don't like telling anyone for just that reason. People think they're crazy. But all the same, they saw something, and most never tell anyone.

It's funny that 2,000 years ago and more it was quite common. It was in the literature. Did something happen in the last 2,000 years, other than group pressure to all think a certain way?

There is something out there. Too many times things that can't be explained any other way. I know many times I will say something out loud, and that very thing will happen the next day. So often in fact, that my kids have come to expect things to happen for me. And frankly, so do I. It's more the norm then the unusual.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Terry, you are right in what you say, at least in my opinion, you are right.

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
Everyone is trying to be a YouTube sensation these days. Lots of people doing the sad music with the post card messages.

Lots of people want to tell their personal story so they can influence, persuade, convince.

But when something bad happens,

Everybody starts praying. God looks down upon thee, makes a statement, "These people have the worst timing for praying. They pray only after bad things happen, or they want someone to get better, or want a close family member to live when they obviously are dying."

"Why can't they pray for all the good things I provide, the warm sunshine, the new turbo that I gave man the mind to create and possess the skills to build a computer so that others can reach across the globe and tell their personal story on a small colorful box that everyone stares at for hours at a time?"

"Why can't you pray when there are good things I provide? Why only when it's bad?"

Humans draw sympathy to themselves to empower whatever message they want the masses to endure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cookie

Reaction score
Terry, I did watch and hear this video of that young man earlier today, I thought especially, when he started off on this one, (if I copied the URL right) he sounds alot like you. This video reminded me alot of yours. I can only say, this young man, was so sweet. And Steve, people do pray just to pray or to give thanks, not just in times of sorrow or asking for things.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I believe that praying should be for good things, all the time. If you look at the Lord's Prayer, this excerpt
Give us today our daily bread.Forgive us our sins,as we forgive those who sin against us. Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
It mentions asking for your needs, and protection too. Too many times I see people embarrassed to ask for anything. I ask for lots of things. Sometimes while driving, I ask for safety. My favorite one in heavy traffic, is asking that the person behind me doesn't tailgate. That if he really wants to be ahead of me, that he just pass me. If I forget to think that, people start crawling up on my bumper.

A few months ago, I mentioned that I hadn't been invited to Kohler and I really thought they should. There were four people in the car including myself. The next morning I got an email from Kohler and they invited me to visit them. I did that in November. A
few weeks before that, I was at my sisters church, listening to a talk about a book. I mentioned to the group about asking for a interview several years back. I had told Jamie that I was going to be interviewed the next day. The following day I was contacted by two writers, and the City of Seattle also contacted me about being on television with them. So I mentioned that to the writer of the book that night, mentioning that it's normally a 24 hour thing. That week I got contacted for another article, so I asked the writer when he thought about doing the story, it was the same night I was at the church.

A few weeks ago, Sue was going to Thailand for two weeks. I was worried that there had been so much flooding there. She changed some of the trip to include Cambodia. I told her I would pray for helpers everywhere she went. They would see four woman in a strange land and would offer to help. Sue is a travel agent, and has been to over forty countries. My emails from her while she was gone, commented on the amazing friendliness and help everywhere she went. She had never seen anything like it before. And then she remembered what I had told her before she had left, that there would be help along the way. So yes, I believe in asking for the good things.

Two years ago, I had a premonition that I would be hurt skiing. So like any stupid man, I went anyway. I did pray that if I get hurt, don't make it hurt very much. I was going into surgery in a few days and didn't want to go in hurting. I did wind up getting slammed down by a snowboarder on my last run to the car that day. He snapped my ski pole in half, almost tore my front binding off my ski, and I was bruised on my left shoulder and on the inner side of my right knee. Not hurt that bad afterall. Total guy thing, to go up skiing anyway. But at least I knew enough to ask for a little help.
'

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Now, this is a total girl thing.

I got some things for Xmas which didn't reflect my taste. lol. I am not a pink girl. I don't own one thing pink, infact, I associate that color with sad things, so, I won't wear it. Not trying to sound ungrateful for presents, cause I am very grateful for anything I get, (if not pink) but, I tell them, gift cards work, I love gift cards, and cash works. I love cash. :)

So, this morning I walked into Jc pennys and found a great sweater, on sale, and 2 others so, I got 3 for the price of one I wouldn't wear or enjoy wearing. Plus, the size on the tag was so big, that it made me run to the mirror and there I stood, frontwards, sideways, looking backwards, looked at my thigns, my stomach, my chin! My butt... no no no, I thought... they didn't read the tag right. It isn't me. :) I am not olive oil but, I am not that size, lol. Not yet, anyways, I am working on it, eating these chips right now.

Then, it was Kohl's. Who really has some of the coolest shoes. There, I stood in an unmercfilly long line, I was praying... for it to move faster. Dear God, move this line faster I said...

The second prayer came in the shoe dept. There, I saw a pair of shoes to die for. On sale. I even had a 20% off coupon on anything & everything in the store. I waited my turn to reach the shoe I saw in the distance and being, I am not the kind of person to pepper spray someone or shove them, I prayed a shoe prayer. Being, I do have a little bit smaller size shoe than most women, it usually, gives me an edge. The 7.5 and 8's are usually gone first, but, the 7's usually, are not. I prayed, Dear God, I want a shiny black pair in size 7... I kept looking at the shoe on display and I think I saw a halo around it...
I got the last pair. :) and, I didn't have to hurt anyone to get them.

I pray in traffic, too. I pray, I get the greenlight. :) And, I pray all the time, there is enough of gas in the car to get to & from where I am going.

Now, I did give thanks for those shoes Terry.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
You have to be careful what you Wish for.

That Wish just might come true...

I Wish You all a Happy New Year.

Drink, Don't Drive.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks