Repair/Replacement Options

Users who are viewing this thread

SuperAcer99

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 16 year old 32k grain water softening unit with a Fleck 5600 Econominder Valve on it. The basket/screen on the end of the tube in the resin tank cylinder broke sending resin breads throughout the pipes in the house. I had a plumber come out earlier today to unclog the pipes and clear the faucets, toilets, shower heads etc as well as replace the ball on the Fleck 5600 valve because there was water leaking from it when it was in bypass mode. The timer on the Fleck 5600 was replaced recently so I think the whole Fleck unit itself is in good shape now, but the tube and resin in the cylinder tank need repair or replacement. I don't want to spend $1000 on a whole new complete assembly, especially since I don't know if I am going to stay in the house I am in for a long period of time. I would appreciate it if you all could give me some suggestions on some cost effective repair/replacement options?

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
What ball on a 5600?

Replace the distributor tube with a new one including the bottom basket and the resin. A ":32K" is a 1.0 cuft and has a 9" x 48" tank.You can get both online or from a local dealer or plumbing supply house. Shop the prices you get; expect somewhere around a max of $100 for the resin and $20 for the DT.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks