best hand-held shower head with good presuure...

Users who are viewing this thread

rbico

Reaction score
I want to replace my shower head with one with good pressure. the hand held I have now (1 year old) has 5 settings but none come out with much pressure (3 floors up, old plumbing, etc). I am looking for a good hand held with good pressure to replace it. I would like a pause function, but it is not critical.

thanks!

Pipehacker

Reaction score
We have a Grohe that we like very much but if you have pressure problems it may not be because of the showerhead.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Take off the existing shower head and measure how many GPM you can draw through the hose. Chances are the 3 floors up, and old plumbing will be a problem.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Already at 3 floors up the pressure is as much as 12 PSI lower than it is on the first floor.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
The problem is that pressure is only half of the equation. You have only so much pressure to begin with. Volume is the key. When most people say they are looking for good pressure, it's really good volume they want. Pressure without volume is a Waterpik®. Any shower head can purport to have good pressure but if you cannot sustain the volume the head was designed for, the pressure will diminish.

waterpik3-sm.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks