No Hot Water Pressure...

Users who are viewing this thread

Chuck Elliott

Reaction score
A few days ago, I replaced the pressure release valve on my 5 year water heater. The seals in the old valve had worn out. The house is over 200 years old and the pipes are very old as well (don't know the age).

After bleeding my lines, I noticed I had no hot water pressure going to my kitchen sink. It was the only faucet in the house I had no pressure. I checked the faucet, but nothing was clogging it there.

I read online that I should wait a few days for the rust and sediment in the line to dry up and then re-bleed the lines again (after emptying the water heater). I did that. After bleeding the lines, I now have no hot water pressure anywhere in the house.

The cold water pressure is fine throughout the house.

What could be causing this?

How can I fix it?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
If you are capable of removing the piping from the top of the water heater, you are probably capable of removing the heat traps.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote;
Chances are the HWT has anti-percolation valves and they probably got gunked up with sediment.

If so, it is probably the ONLY heater in the world with "antipercolation VALVES", (not heat trap nipples which would be something entirely different). Check the water heater valve, it could have broken when you turned it off and then back on.​

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Gate valves failure mode is to have the gate break off from the shaft of the handle. So, then, you can't really retract the gate. It's possible you have galvanized nipples or heat traps, and those can corrode or the trap valve stick. If you open the drain valve on the tank, does any water come out?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks