Service Pole to Well House Underground Line Specs

Users who are viewing this thread

CHOLLA BOB

Reaction score
I bought the 3/4 inch line and get the picture: do not wire a second line to the well house.

If stopped about six feet from the well house or as close as possible, I could set up an outdoor plug which could be midway point to the container. This summer, I could run a 30 foot trench from this point on to the container (slight angle off and past the well house). For now, this outdoor plug could supply a horse stock tank heater. So to wire a plug with no structure and to clear snowfall of a 1.5 feet, could I mount the plug on a treated 4x4 post? What's the minimum height?

That neutral in the well house will eventually feed the well house sub-panel. As the water is back and I have to Jeep the wife out to get to her city car, we are taking a break until the weather gets better. I do want to throw in one more conduit into that trench as it took a piece of my mind! The outdoor lighting station is a solution.

So could I wire onto a post outside the building? Seems like that answer is a gray area. Would this qualify as an emergency standby electrical station for the well house?

I have a whole pile of tires. We dumped out a mountain in the next lot; but after you get rid of those eyesore fire hazards; you start missing them as they do come in handy in last minute situations; like keeping horses from falling into 2 foot trenches. Too bad the steel belting qualifies as a conductor.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks