Shower Panel-fittings question

Users who are viewing this thread

r1racer

Reaction score
Good day folks,

So, I am remodeling my bathroom and I am at the tiling stage. I have purchased a Fresca shower panel that has either 5/8 or 7/8 female fittings at the end of a braided hose. I have the hot/cold copper lines extending straight through the wall which are capped at this time.

My question is what is the best way to put a small enough right angle valve (as the supply fittings must point down in order to connect the hoses without pinching them). Also, I prefer not to solder as I have my 6 mil vapor barrier wrapped around the copper piping inside the wall and do not want it to melt. I prefer a stop valve of some sort at the shower panel as it is difficult to reach the stop valve from the opposite wall (whoever did the original plumbing cut a tiny access panel that happens to be under the vanity in the adjacent bathroom). I thought about using a normal supply valve but there's virtually no room for it to fit inside the shower panel. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Not sure I'm following what you have or need, and that may be why you've not gotten any responses. If you can post a picture, it may be clearer to all and would solicit a useful response. Failing a picture, if you can post a link to the installation instructions or manufactuer's part/model, that may work as well.

r1racer

Reaction score
Not sure I'm following what you have or need, and that may be why you've not gotten any responses. If you can post a picture, it may be clearer to all and would solicit a useful response. Failing a picture, if you can post a link to the installation instructions or manufactuer's part/model, that may work as well.

Installation instructions. Model is Fresca Geona. The instructions just call for a hot and cold supply with male threads but that doesn't work as the lines will pinch.
http://www.surplusdecor.com/pdf/FSP8009BG.pdf

Hot and cold lines.
securedownload-2.jpg

This is the back of the shower panel. The hot and cold braided stainless steel lines connect to the copper supply coming out of the hardi (obviously). I would prefer a right angle fitting on the copper supply lines. Why? So the braided lines do not bend or become pinched. I would also like some sort of shut off on this right angle fitting for the reason mentioned in the initial post. Finally, I would like it to be a compression type as I do not want to sweat with 6 mil plastic behind the backer. A standard supply valve would work but they do not fit inside the shower panel so all suggestions are welcome.
securedownload-1-1.jpg

This is what I plan to do if I can't find a better solution. I'll just hope I don't melt too much plastic and cut out a bigger access panel to the shut off valves.
securedownload-1.jpg

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You will NOT find a shut off valve which fits into the panel, and MOST tub and shower valves do NOT have, or need, shutoff valves. Use a 5/8"x1/2" ips compression adapter elbow.

r1racer

Reaction score
You will NOT find a shut off valve which fits into the panel, and MOST tub and shower valves do NOT have, or need, shutoff valves. Use a 5/8"x1/2" ips compression adapter elbow.

My only concern is if I need to remove the shower panel then water to the entire house will be shut down. I guess I will just have to cut out a bigger hole to access the shut off valves. Anyway, thanks.

r1racer

Reaction score
I found push connect supply lines with valves that fit. Oh well for this being a plumbing forum.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks