Sleeving a sewer line in a condo

Users who are viewing this thread

Marita

Reaction score
I need an expert opinion about installing a sleeve inside the sewer pipe. My condo is over 40 years old. Our board decided to use the sleeve rather than replace the pipeline. Considering the age of our sewer system, will the sleeve solution make our already narrow pipes "narrower" and will that result in more sewer back-ups? I appreciate your advise. Marita

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
If the original pipe is 3", then any kind of sleeve will not be satisfactory. I really would be very skeptical of the whole sleeve idea in the first place. I think you are wise in seeking other opinions from the pros both on this forum and from other companies in the Calgary area. I can appreciate the desire to find a less expensive way to deal with the problem you apparently are having, but unfortunately cheap is usually not the best way to go.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The success of a 'sleeve" depends entirely on what kind of pipe it is, and what the original problem is. "rough" pipe that cannot be reamed out will have a poor sleeve, and if the pipe has sags in it, the sleeve will just duplicate them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks