(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Sleeving a sewer line in a condo

Default Sleeving a sewer line in a condo

I need an expert opinion about installing a sleeve inside the sewer pipe. My condo is over 40 years old. Our board decided to use the sleeve rather than replace the pipeline. Considering the age of our sewer system, will the sleeve solution make our already narrow pipes "narrower" and will that result in more sewer back-ups? I appreciate your advise. Marita

If the original pipe is 3", then any kind of sleeve will not be satisfactory. I really would be very skeptical of the whole sleeve idea in the first place. I think you are wise in seeking other opinions from the pros both on this forum and from other companies in the Calgary area. I can appreciate the desire to find a less expensive way to deal with the problem you apparently are having, but unfortunately cheap is usually not the best way to go.

The success of a 'sleeve" depends entirely on what kind of pipe it is, and what the original problem is. "rough" pipe that cannot be reamed out will have a poor sleeve, and if the pipe has sags in it, the sleeve will just duplicate them.
    Licensed residential and commercial plumber