Kohler Bathtub Faucet Installation

Users who are viewing this thread

Steve@Raleigh

Reaction score
Hello...I am in the process of installing a Kohler bathtub faucet. The installation provides 2 install methods: "Slip-fit" and "Threaded". I need to install the threaded version. The faucet comes from the factory set up as "slip-fit". There are no instructions on how to convert or remove the slip-fit innards of the faucet to make it ready for threaded installation. Is it easy? (as I do not want to force to remove the plastic slip-fit innards and damage the faucet)
Thanks Steve

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Give us the model number of the tub/shower valve and/or the part number of the spout, so we can look at the details.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The ONLY combination slipfit/threaded valves I have ever seen, including Kohler, have "MALE" threads on the connections that you screw "female" adapters to, and WHY do you HAVE to use the threaded option? What is the valve model, because I am unsure what you mean by "plastic slip fit innards", unless this is a do-it-yourself model I have not encountered so far.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Here is my link to the instructions.
https://terrylove.com/forums/showth...-Kohler-Rite-Temp-bath-amp-shower-valve-K-304

Most of the Kohler K-304 valves let you slip copper into the body, which can be soldered in place, or you would use FA on the threads.

k-304-r02.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks