DIY Pump Install Questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Lobanz

Reaction score
If i understand your earlier post, you are running on a generator [?] that would change all these equations. In such case spend 600 bucks on a 3000 gallon static tank, forget the hand pump and get it up high enough for gravity flow in a power outage. Fill the tank with a float valve at about 1/3 down. Now your pump will go full life. What you do after the tank is up for grabs.

Generator only for emergencies. Would be nice to have an elevated tank, but my land is all totally flat. For 40 PSI, I think the tank would have to be about 93' above my house (40 / .43). If my house were at the bottom of a big hill, that might work.

I may end up doing just that for drip irrigation, though. The drip system is designed for very low pressure. A 1000 gal tank 6 or 7 feet high should do it fine. Have been toying with building a concrete generator shed with steel reinforced roof and putting the tank on top. That would be much better on the pump than a 1/2 gpm drip flow. That will have to wait a while though.

Masterpumpman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.dci-inc.us
Valveman explained it best but I have a few concerns! (1) I think Alabama requires that the casing extend at lease 12" above ground (No wells in a pit)! (2) Using a hand pump to pump pressure into a pressure tank isn't easy! (3) Most Public systems regulators won't condone (allow) their systems to be physically connected to a well system! We would have the public water faucet and well water faucet independent of each other. Then in the event of a well water system failure we would connect them together faucet to faucet with a short Washing Machine Hose (female to female connections). That's a temporary but legal hookup.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks