need softener replacement advice

Users who are viewing this thread

temperamental

Reaction score
I live on the gulf coast of Florida where our water is not only hard, but has lots of chlorine in it...Currently have an Ultrasoft 280 that has served me well for about four years, but has now died.....Looking for a replacement that is reliable and not too expensive...Tired of these "store" brands that just don't hold up....Seems that it doesn't matter what you pay for them, they just don't last.....Had replaced the resin (was mush), and it goes through all of the cycles as it should, and still no soft water...The seals are probably worn.

PLEASE, could use some advice on getting something decent, and some online retailers.....

Also, is it possible to replace the control valve in this model with a better one, (tank and salt bin are like new), or isn't it cost efficient?

Thatnks a lot for your time and help>

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
You might look into two systems, one for the chlorine and then the softener.
The one for the chlorine if you have the flow rate for it KDF 55 set to back wash every 3-4 days.
There is away of changing a Sears like unit into one that keeps the media tank but can take a Fleck valve on top.

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
Depending on the amount of water used and the hardness will determine what system will best fit your needs. I prefer the Fleck 5600. It has stood the test of time. I sent you a private message.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks