No cold water in bathtub faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

ARV

Reaction score
Bathtub cold water suddenly quit. Hot water faucet still fine. Removed and examined cartridge. All OK. I also had wife stand by as I did a quick turn on and off at the home shut off valve. No water pressure! All other cold water faucets work. There must be somthing plugging the bathtub cold water line. What is best approach to clean out? This is my mother-in-law's home and quite old plumbing.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Could be anything, but if this is a three handle (hot/cold/diverter) setup, it could be as simple as changing the washer. When changing the washer, sometimes you need to change the stem, and may want to replace the valve seat, but is might just need a washer.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
I presume the entire stem/washer/seat/cartridge was out when you had the wife on standby with your test. I don't know where Lovington is and whether a frozen water line is within the realm of possibility.

[edtit]OK, since the OP updated his profile, it is not likely to be a frozen line.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
A stuck balancing spool in a Moen "MoenTrol" or Delta "ScaldGuard", (or Danza, Pegasus, etc), could act that way since it does NOT come out with the cartridge.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks