(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Indentifying faucet brand / model

Default Indentifying faucet brand / model

I bought a new home (well, built in 1961), and the master bath has a 2-sink vanity and one of the faucets has a defective flex hose. The faucet has to be replaced and the former owner doesn't remember the brand. The place he bought it at two years ago, Pacific Sales in Woodland Hills, doesn't recognize it, as they have so many brands, the sales staff isn't well-versed, and they have no record of the sale. This puppy is likely to be $300+, and I'm hoping someone recognizes it. It's 7.5" tall, and 1 5/8" square. I know that there may be many fairly close models, but if I can't match it, then I'm looking at having to replace both that, with labor, is going to be $1000. For faucet replacement. Incredible. Anyone recognize this faucet?

Name:  faucet1.JPG
Views: 169
Size:  21.3 KB

Name:  faucet2.JPG
Views: 166
Size:  22.7 KB

Name:  faucet3.JPG
Views: 164
Size:  21.8 KB

I accidentally came across this similar:
    http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/49...air_salon.html
    and the bad news is that yours may well be from the same small village in china!

Doh! That would not be good!

can you remove the handle, or any other part, and see if there are any model numbers stamped into it anywhere... somewhere out of sight. Also look underneath, if the hoses are attached to the faucet, for any kind of label or anything. if you can find any kind of marking, google search that number, possibly along with the word "faucet." this sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, but worth a try.

quote;
    Doh! That would not be good!

It seldom is when a customer buys something for "looks" rather than considering the long term implications of the purchase. I will check with my "Exotic faucet" Guru tomorrow and see if he has ever seen that particular faucet. You might be lucky if the Chinese just copied a faucet made by a more "mainline" company.
    Licensed residential and commercial plumber

Hey HJ,
    Thanks, bud. 19K+ posts in 7 years, wow. I feel like such a newbie! I think that if Pacific Sales sold it, it won't be some small-time Chinese knock-off faucet. PS is a higher end retail chain in California with new stores opening in Arizona, Texas and Hawaii.

Quote Originally Posted by drewster View Post
    Hey HJ,
    I think that if Pacific Sales sold it, it won't be some small-time Chinese knock-off faucet.
    Don't take that to the bank! They sell plenty of stuff with "foo-foo" names and no support. But if you are sure it is pacific sales, take a photo in. They may have a catalog or something with pics, and they may have contact info for the maker.

Mind you, we don't rule out that it could be Kohler, Danze, Grohe. We just don't recognize it off hand. Pacific Sales is your best shot .

I took in pictures and showed them to a rep, then later emailed them to 2nd rep, and they have not been able to identify it. It looks like I'll have to get the plumber to pull the faucet off the sink. I would do it myself, but you can only access where it's attached through a small opening at the back of the sink that can only be seen using a mirror; very difficult maneuvering. I'll keep you posted.
    Last edited by drewster; 12-12-2011 at 05:34 AM.

Lesson learned here: whatever brand you buy, take the install booklet/parts list that comes with it, and SAVE that along with the car warranty, the television, etc. I am fortunate that wifey takes care of that. She can produce the book for anything we have ever bought! It has saved my butt more than once!